Between 40% and 60% of software failures and defects are the result of poor software management and requirements definition. In plain English, this means that about half of the problems encountered could have been avoided by making it clear, from the very beginning, what the customer expected from the respective project.
Requirements Management is an essential part of controlling complexity, risk, project scope and in un-ambiguously defining the goals and criteria for a successful software project. The Effective Requirements Management workshop provides learners with an understanding of the function requirements have within a project.
Requirement Management is a TWO day workshop conducted by experienced professionals with several years of experience. This workshop brings to the participants practical aspects of requirement management..
This workshop will enable the participant in:
- Understanding the importance of requirements management
- Introducing key terminology used in requirements management
- Establishing the success factors needed for requirements management
- Overcoming objections to requirements management
- Understanding the requirements management process and the project life cycle
In addition the workshop will also address:
- Prioritizing tools and technique
- Understanding definitions and key terminology of the review and realization of requirements
- Understanding some of the common pitfalls of requirements management and tips to avoid them
- Ensuring effectiveness of requirements review meetings
Contact us for further details
Software Engineering Courses
It is tempting to think of software development work in terms of the effort or resources that should be applied to the project, but this formula puts the cart before the horse. How can managers plan efficiently if they don't know how much work is needed to translate a given set of requirements into executable code? Size estimation is often perceived to be a difficult and thankless job; so much so that many project managers are tempted to forgo size estimates and rely instead upon level of effort or task based estimation.
Software Sizing and Estimation is a 3 day workshop that introduces you to various sizing techniques. Function Point Estimation a technique that could be considered as the most popular estimation technique is covered in detail during this workshop.On completion of this three day workshop, participants will have an overall understanding on the need for Software Sizing and a working knowledge of various sizing techniques.
The participants would have gathered a thorough understanding of 'Function Points', the most widely used estimation methodology. The case study which is part of this workshop will enable you to calculate:
- Function Point for new project
- Function Point calculation for "early in definition"
- Function Point calculation for an enhancement application
- FP for different technologies